Friday, September 01, 2006

Don't EVER Leave Cut Onions

After work last Fri. I started cutting up some onions just to have for a time saver( I put onions in just about everything so I like to keep some already chopped up.) Josh got out of the shower and we were going to run to the bank which is about 45 seconds from our house so I just left the onions. The bank ended up taking a lot longer than we thought and it was really aggravating.
Afterwards, frustrated and hungry, Josh wanted to go to his favorite restaurant Moe's. By this time I had forgotten about the onion. When we got home and opened the door the smell hit us like a slap in the face. It was horrific. It seriously burnt my nose. Last night I sprayed Oust until i got a headache from the chemicals. Today, a week later, it has finally stopped smelling. I was getting nervous because we are having some friends over to watch the game Sat. and I was afraid we would end up being the people with the stinky house that no one wants to tell.

4 comments:

Donna said...

We are the ones with the stinky house. Thanks to our kids and their dogs and cats they left us with. And the fact that I don't like to clean house.
Your blog is hard to read witht he black background.

Amber said...

Amanda, that hilarious! Onions are so ridiculously smelly...I can't believe they actually taste so good in all our recipes. I have to cut them ahead of time & freeze them...because if I wait until the day I need them..(usually company's coming over) then our whole house will smell. I try to set aside a night to do all my chopping for the week! Makes it much easier. I'm glad you enjoying being a wife! It really is fun to decorate your 'own' house...but the cleaning, mowing, and pulling weeds, I think I could do without.

Also, I was wondering if Sat or Sun Sept. 16 or 17, you and Josh would like to go to the lake! That's probably the last trip we will make! Want to come??? Let me know this week.

ANNABELLE said...

Donna you are so opinionated, I thought I was, but you have gotten me beat!!!


Amanda you should ask Angie about smells in our house. We used to use garlic on everything. One day we wanted to go see Chad, Stacy & Caleb's new house that they were building, so we went to pick up Sean, Angie & kids- the first thing they said was have yall been eating GARLIC???? They said the whole car smelled like GARLIC, then Angie said sometimes at Church it smelled like garlic around us - so now we use very little garlic - So my point is you may not know it but your pours may smell like onions

Oh, while they were in the car with us we had to leave the windows down

I can't believe I'm telling my stinky story

Paula said...

Hey I saw on Rachel Ray something cool. She uses a grater to cut onions into a recipe. You just cut the onion in half, then grate it. I thought I might try that sometime. But you should be careful Thumbelina! Anyway, the worse part about onions is that if you throw them in the trash, the smell stays forever. I always put them in a plastic bag and wrap them up before throwing them out.