Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Arkansas State Fair


Friday night Samantha, two of our friends form church,and I went to the fair. We ended up running into Andrea and Steve while we were there. This picture is of Andrea trying to coerce Veronika to go down the slide which was the only exit to the fun house. After unsuccessfully pleading with her, Andrea had to push her down it.



The food was the main reason we went but we decided to ride one really fun ride before we ate. When we were getting our tickets the lady working the booth made some rude comment to me. I was so mad. All she had to do was count out stupid tickets all day. It's not like she had some high stress job or something. I was so mad I refused to buy any tickets just to show her.....I know she lost sleep over it. So Sam, Trey and Charity were about to get on the ride but there was only room for one more rider. Samantha was infront of Trey and Charity so she told the guy that they were all together. The carney then proceeded to tell sweet, never stick up for herself, Samanthat that she had to get on the ride anyways. So she listened to him and rode it by herself. She looked like she was about to cry. To make things worst the nasty carney was eating a turkey leg like a rabid dog. It's disgusting enough to watch anybody eat one of those but when it's someone who just made your best friend cry...well it's almost too much. I wanted to go slap it out his hand. After that we ate so I felt better.

After the fair we met Josh and Joseph (Josh's best friend who also goes to church with us) at the Rave to watch The Prestige. It is the best movie I've seen in a long time. I recommend it to everybody.

6 comments:

Paula said...

Ugh I hate it when people are mean. Poor sweet Samantha! This reminds me of my dentist visit-I still get mad when I think about it. We may try the fair next year, MAYBE!

Amber said...

People can be so mean! I wish that everyone would just get along...it would have to start with the home though! If people continue to live with chaos and crisis (divorce, infidelity, lying, finances, guilt, ext.) then I think hate and meanness will continue to be a ‘normal’ way of life! (My deep thoughts for today) I remember that I couldn’t stand up for myself until I became a teacher…now I can say anything to anyone…tactfully, of course.

Andrea said...

It is funny how things change as you become older. I really have no problem telling people what I think if they are being rude. Pretty soon I will probably be like my mother and say rude things for absolutely no reason. Oops, did I say that out loud?

Angie said...

I take up for my self sometimes, then other times I just let people walk all over me. The other day at school I filed some papers wrong and one of the teachers made me feel so stupid. Well, instead of taking up for myself I just said I'm sorry. The more I thought about it the more angry I got. To make this long story short, lets just say I don't speak to her any more. I think she has learned her leson. Ha Ha! I did learn that you can stand up for yourself with out being rude, but sometimes you just have to be a little ugly to get your point across!

Angie said...

I know leson=lesson!

Donna said...

Thanks Andrea!
It is weird though, I spent most of my life as a door mat, I don't want to be that anymore.
By the way, I really missed the fair.