Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Upward Soccer

Our church has Upward sports which a ministry to reach families in our community. We have a soccer, basketball & cheerleading league. There is several teams in each age bracket. Each team has a weekly practice with a new Bible verse and devotion every week. All the games are on Saturdays were there is a testimony shared at the half time of every game. Samantha and I coach a soccer team together this year. It was very frustrating at times but we loved our girls and I know I will miss getting to see them every week.

I took this picture at the Upward soccer closing. He is our dentist's son. I just thought yall would like to see another cute baby.

4 comments:

Donna said...

I am proud of you for using your time and talents for a ministry like Upwards. It is a great outreach for our church. You never know who you are reaching, the kids or the parents. You may never know if you have led someone to the Lord, but just keep doing it.

Angie said...

Thats so true, Amanda your reward will come later. I think it is awsome you work with girls to serve the Lord! Keep up the good work.

Paula said...

Yes we are proud of you Amanda!

Kay said...

Amanda, Thank God for young women like you and Samantha willing to give of your time and energy. You are molding the character of these young Christians. See you tomorrow night!